Wednesday 7 April 2010

The Princess Diaries


Meg Cabot is a writer. She was born in 1967 in the Indiana. She grew up there and she studied in Indiana. Graduate of the Academy of Beaux Arts, she chose to be an illustrator but finally she preferred to be a writer.
She knew an international success with her series of novels: Princess Diaries. Walt Disney’s studios bought the rights of cinema and the movie inspired by the adventures of Mia came out during the summer 2001 in the USA with Anne Hathaway in the role of Mia. Best Book selection, American Library Association, and New York Public Library Teen Book for the New Millennium citation, all 2001, all for "The Princess Diaries." "The Princess Diaries" was also voted "one of the nation's 100 best-loved novels" by the British public
The story of this book is:
In fourteen years, soon fifteen, Mia is a schoolgirl of New York as the others. She has a best friend, loves secretly the nicest boy of the school, hates maths and holds her diary where she tells everything. But when she learns that his father, who lives in Europe, is in reality the prince of Genovia a small principality at the edge of Mediterranean, things go bad Here is Mia princess heiress and this pleases her in no way.
To explain why she has written this book, she said: "I was inspired to write The Princess Diaries when my mom, after the death of my father, began dating one of my teachers, just as Mia’s mom does in the book! I have always had a “thing” for princesses (my parents used to joke that when I was little, I did a lot of insisting that my “real” parents, the king and queen, were going to come get me soon, and that everyone had better start being a LOT nicer to me) so I stuck a princess in the book just for kicks… and HERE! The Princess Diaries was born."
I choose this writer and this book because I am like Mia clumsy, paranoiac but honest.
Aurore PECQUET

No comments:

Post a Comment